It’s summer and the living is easy… not so fast! Although we tend to believe everyone is “gone on vacation”, businesses are still running, so people ARE working! Many people find they are busier at work due to the heavy vacation schedule, adding to stress and anxiety. I admit I have been very busy in the past few weeks re-branding my services. They have not changed, but my two businesses are finally becoming one!
I have been conducting workplace management and employee programs since 2007 to help them work smarter, reduce stress and get better sleep. My mission is to help employers become THE best place to work, enticing the best talent, and keeping their top employees. Bringing the brain health and technology component to the workplace offers something unique, and will help reduce absenteeism and create a more calm, productive environment!
Not in the workplace? No worries, I will continue to offer brain balancing services to individuals and their families as I always have.
Watch for the official announcement and a special launch coming soon!
Workplace stress and pressures are greater than ever these days. Everyone is trying to do it all; be productive at work, tend to household/life duties, keep family relationships healthy, running the kids to sporting events, not to mention trying to find a little “me” time! The business world is faster-paced and it’s not letting up. Multi-tasking, seemingly the holy grail, is not how our brains are wired. We are meant to do one thing at a time (if we want to do it well).
If you do not take time to relax and recharge, you could be in danger of developing emotional issues, physical illness and disease. Many studies prove that stress and lack of sleep can cause problems such as ulcers, depression, skin irritations, weight gain, digestive problems including Irritable Bowel Syndrome, chronic infections/viruses and inflammation which could cause heart disease, joint pain and even cancer. Here are some suggestions:
- Employers are increasingly aware that healthy employees are productive employees. Take full advantage of all offerings of wellness and fitness programs.
- Take 10 minutes twice during your work day to relax, close your eyes and imagine yourself in a quiet, calm place. Practice deep breathing, exhaling slowly letting the tension in your neck and shoulders release. A 20-minute walk outside will clear your mind. A power nap during the work day can relax your brain and give you a quick re-charge!
- Enrol in my Work Smart, Sleep Well™ productivity courses, one for managers and one for employees. I offer an online series as well as live workshops and mentoring programs for managers and their employee groups. Go here for course information and registration!
- Consider having Brainwave Optimization® sessions. This will quiet your over-active mind, helping you manage stress and anxiety and get quality sleep! You deserve it!
Astaxanthin… powerful antioxidant and more! Those who have been reading my newsletters for a while have seen my previous posts about this amazing supplement from the sea. Below is a quote from an article written by Dr. Mercola on his website, and based on research:
- “Astaxanthin is believed to be the most potent antioxidant nature has to offer. In terms of antioxidant power or potency, astaxanthin is 550 times stronger than vitamin E, and 6,000 times stronger than vitamin C.
- While it is related to other carotenoids like beta-carotene, lutein, and canthaxanthin, it has a unique structure, and works in some very unique ways. It acts on at least five different inflammation pathways, and can handle far more free radicals at any given time.
- The combination of its high-potency antioxidant- and anti-inflammatory properties allows it to address a vast array of health concerns, including joint problems such as rheumatoid arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow; protection from UV radiation; improved athletic performance; heart health; brain health, including protection against age-related dementia; and protection against age-related macular degeneration—the most common cause of blindness in the US”.
This article is for general information only and in no way is meant to prescribe any eating program or natural supplementation for any disease or condition. Always check with your health care practitioner before taking new supplements or changing your diet.