Ahhh… the dogs days of summer!! Well maybe for some. Here at Advantage Neuro Balance we are booked solid through the month of July well into August. Still, my assistants and I are taking time to enjoy many fun activities with family and friends. We have decided to close the clinic on weekends until September, as part of our work/life balance strategy. Here in London, Ontario, we are right between two Great Lakes, Erie and Huron, with many beaches, marinas and beautiful towns to explore. I often tell people that I do not travel outside of Ontario during the summer, this being my favourite place to be in the summer (winter is quite another story, lol!!!) So, if you are not in this part of the world during June, July and August, come and visit… you will be pleasantly surprised at the white sandy beaches, beautiful sunsets, water activities and quaint shopping venues. Let us not forget the many outdoor music festivals! There is even the largest Elvis festival in the world just a couple hours’ drive north of London!
How are you striking that great work/life balance? Are you?
Work Smart, Get Sleep!
Is this you?
- Have trouble concentrating/focusing
- Not enough sleep, or poor quality sleep
- Feeling anxiety/worry
- Relationships suffer due to too much stress
- Mind racing and can’t “turn it off at night”
- Physical problems, for example-digestion, blood pressure, colds/flu that you can’t “shake”
Workplace stress and pressures are greater than ever these days. Everyone is trying to do it all; be productive at work, tend to household/life duties, keep family relationships healthy, running the kids to sporting events, not to mention trying to find a little “me” time! The business world is faster-paced and it’s not letting up.
If work/life is not balanced and you do not take time to relax and recharge, you could be in danger of developing emotional issues and physical illness and disease. Many studies prove that stress and lack of sleep can cause problems such as, ulcers, depression, skin irritations, weight gain, digestive problems including Irritable Bowel Syndrome, chronic infections/viruses and inflammation which could cause heart disease, joint pain and even cancer. Here are some suggestions:
- Employers are increasingly aware that healthy employees are productive employees. Take full advantage of all offerings of wellness and fitness programs offered.
- If your employer does not offer any, suggest to management that they consider it, even in a small way (I can help with that.)
- Take 10 minutes twice during your work day to relax, close your eyes and imagine yourself in a quiet, calm place. Practice deep breathing, exhaling slowly letting the tension in your neck and shoulders release.
- Enrol in my Work Smart, Sleep Well™ productivity courses, one for managers and one for employees. I offer an online series as well as full-day live workshops for groups.
- Consider having Brainwave Optimization® sessions. This will optimize and quiet your over-active mind, helping you manage stress and anxiety and get quality sleep! You deserve it!
To register for the online courses, please click here.
Use this link to schedule a 15 minute complimentary consultation for Brainwave Optimization®.
Probiotics are an essential nutrient to everyone’s diet. Eating yogurt, while delicious, does not contain enough probiotics required to keep us healthy in today’s world. When bacterial overgrowth in the gut occurs, many health problems can arise, not the least of which affects brain function. Don’t be fooled by advertisers making up “regularis”-type names that sound “medical” but are simply a marketing ploy. To be certain you are purchasing good quality probiotics, I can help you choose the right one for you. Don’t forget the children too!!